Because sometimes a little background reading is helpful, and can really change our approach to rope, we're starting a recommended reading list for rope. Because there is so much available, we're going to limit it to published material, and try to keep it from turning into too long a list. We will update as good stuff comes to our attention. But here goes:
- 'The Essence of Shibari' by Shin Nawakari
- 'Year of the Bakushi' by Bakushi Sin
- 'The Psychology of Rope Bondage' by Bakushi Sin
- 'Yoga Anatomy (2nd ed)' by Leslie Kaminoff and Amy Matthews
- 'Better Bondage for Every Body' by Evie Vane
- 'The Little Guide to Getting Tied Up' by Evie Vane
- 'A Guide for Rope Bottoms and Bondage Models' by Clover
There are a few others yet to be added, but this is a good starting point for the readers amongst us.
I've been working on this list for the last 4 - 5 months for the Hitchin Bitches Ohio chapter I am running. I'm aware there was another list floating around, but this is my take on all that I've found and I wanted to share my collection. I have watched each and every one of these videos. There are some practices I don't agree with in the some of the videos. Use your judgement, knowledge and skills to discern proper and safe practices. I have found some value in each of them....even those having techniques, I don't believe in or practice.
These videos do not take the place of the valuable time spent in a class or workshop with a live instructor.....there simply is no replacement for live time with a teacher or guru......EVER!
I'm extremely grateful for all of the rope tops/riggers/gurus who have taken the time to create the videos and pass on your knowledge to continue to inspire and help us all grow.
- EvieVane - How to Get Tied up, Part 1: Finding a Rope Partner.
- EvieVane - How to Get Tied Up, Part 3: Preparing to Be Tied.
- EvieVane - How to Get Tied Up, Part 4: Tips For Rope Suspensions..
Roles - Rope Top & Rope Bottom
Types of Rope
Finishing Rope Ends
- laquartacorda - How to fold ropes (Italian)
- stephano_birdofprey - Storing the rope (italian)
- Twisted Monk - Rope storage.
- Giotto Rope Fundamentals Seamlessly All Together. (Western Style)
- Nennemich - chest harnesses without cinches.
- Twisted Monk - Good basics here
- Two Knotty Boys - A great deal of fun Western fusion style ties
SINGLE COLUMN TIES
- Gan Raptor - Bowline. Polish
- Esinem - Simple Rule for the Single Column Tie
- Giotto Rope Fundamentals Single Column Tie. (Western Style)
- Giotto Rope Fundamentals Single Column Tie w Extra Wraps. (Western Style)
- Kaa - Hojujitsu Inspired Cuff
- Kaa - Quick Cuff
- Kaa - The Quick Cuff
- laquartacorda - Single column tie (italian)
- Lunatic Bound - Somerville Bowline
- Lunatic Bound - Double loop capture Hojojitsu
- MaillerPhong - Bowline based Single column
- stephano_birdofprey (Italian)
- Topologist - Easy column tie - Single.
- Topologist - Reverse Somerville Bowline.
- Topologist - Reverse Somerville Bowline Application - Note1.
- Topologist - Slipped Somerville Bowline.
- Topologist - Double Reverse French Eskimo Bowline.
- Topologist - Double Reverse French Bowline.
- Topologist - Reverse French Bowline Failure.
- Topologist - Reverse French Bowline vs Somerville Bowline.
- Twisted Monk - basic single column tie.
- Twisted Monk - single limb cuff.
- WykD_Dave- Fast bowline
- WkyD_Dave - Somerville Bowline (of note - this single column tie was invented by Topologist but this video is the easiest way to actual tie it that I've found.)
- WykD_Dave - Boola Boola or Yuki on Rope-topia
- *WykD_Dave - Struggler's knot
DOUBLE COLUMN TIE
- Giotto Rope Fundamentals Double Column Tie. (Western Style)
- Giotto Rope Fundamentals Wide Double Column Tie. (Western Style)
- laquartacorda - Double Column Tie (Italian)
- Midori - Easy release 2 Column Tie
- Twisted Monk - Basic double column tie.
- Giotto Rope Fundamentals Splicing Rope.
- GanRaptor - Multiple ways to join rope. (Polish)
- stephano_birdofprey (Italian)
- Inverted Y-Knot -EM-
- Larks head and locking the larks head - Lochai
- Reverse Tension - Rope Space
- Reverse Tension Variation - Rope Space
- Securing a single loop for suspension - Esinem
- Thistle Knot - Rope Space
CHEST HARNESS FOR SELF SUSPENSION
- EbiMcKnotty - Hishi Chest Harness
- Esinem - Takate Kote
- GanRaptor - Hishi Takate Kote. (Polish)
- GanRaptor - Hojo jutsu. (Polish)
- GanRaptor - Jiai Shibari. (Polish)
- GanRaptor - Jiai Shibari #1. (Polish)
- GanRaptor - Jiai Shibari #2. (Polish)
- GanRaptor - Jiai Shibari #3. (Polish)
- GanRaptor - Takate Kote, 3 rope, no cinches. (Polish)
- GanRaptor - Tengu Shibari #2. (Polish)
- GanRaptor - West Shibari Style - Chest Harness. (Polish)
- Giotto Rope Fundamentals Chest Harness. (Western Style)
- MaxTina - Takate Kote
- MiShibari - Locahi Box Tie/TK (German)
- MiShibari - Chest Harness (German)
- Topologist - Chest-loading Takate Kote: 3-rope Version 3, Part 1 of 4.
- Topologist - 3CTKv3 Part 2/4.
- Topologist - 3CTKv3 Part 3/4.
- Topologist - 3CTKv3 Part 4/4.
- Toplogist - Chest-loading Takate Kote: Short Variation.
- Topologist - Partially Chest-loading Takate Kote. (Note is caveat of "this is an experimental tie")
- Toplogist - Chest-loading Takate Kote: Stem Management.
- WykD_Dave - Nemuri Shibari - Chest harness tied while bottom lying face down.
** CROTCH ROPE**
- Danarama - Integrated Leg/Heel Wrap
- MiShibari - Hog Tie (German)
- Twisted Monk/Delano.
- Twisted Monk - Basic Hog Tie.
- M0co - Hishi inspired futomomo
- Rope Space
- EbiMcKnotty - Two Futomomos on the same leg - for suspension
- Zylah - Braided Futomomo
FUTUMOMO TIED TO A HARD POINT
** HEAD/FACE BONDAGE**
- Gorgone's Hip Harness
- Hajime_Kinoko's Hip Harness
- KnotRod - Booty Basket.
- Lee Harrington - Inversion hip harness.
- Lee Harrington - Swiss seat.
- MiShibari - Drum Harness (German)
- MiShibari - Gun slinger(German)
- MiShibari - Hip Harness (German)
- M0co - Kinoko inspired hip harness
- MrLeto Hip Harness
- MrLeto's Hip Harness Revisted
- stefano_birdofprey - tobuturu shibari.(Italian with English subtitles)
- GanRaptor Four Point Mounting of Suspension Rope.
- GanRaptor - Single Column Tie for Suspension. (Polish)
- GanRaptor - Hojo hishi version with leg. (Polish)
- GanRaptor - Hojo hishi version with the braids only the upper part of the torso. (Polish)
- GanRaptor - Hojo hishi version with hips. (Polish)
- Hebari - Suspension Teppou Shibari
- Kaa - Exploding Upline or Exploding Secondary
- Michael Sol - Guerilla Bondage (partial suspension)
- MiShibari - Karada/Body Harness for Suspension (German)
- MiShibari - Gunslinger for Side Suspension (German)
- MiShibari - Inverted Suspension (German)
- MiShibari - Inverted Hogtie Suspension (German)
- KinkyKittyPlayKat - Lowering your bottom safely to the ground
- MiShibari - Marionette/Puppeteer (German)
- MiShibari - Strappado Hog Tie Suspension (German)
- M0co - suspension with transitions
- nennemich - another suspension technique (attaching to a hardpoint
** JAPANESE ROPE TUTORIAL by MAX TINA**- Watch in order
- 1. Introduction
- 2. Osada Ryu 2 TK
- 3. Urawaza
- 4. Ki Harimasu
- 5. Subaku
- 6. Merihar
- 7. Muganawa
- 8. How I tie.
- 9. Final Comment
- 10. Why Practice
- Kink Academy - This site as HUNDREDS of videos of all types of play as well as rope instruction. It' well worth a month of viewing if money allows.
DVDs & BOOKS FOR PURCHASE
- Douglas Kent - 3 books
- Lee Harrington - Passionandsoul
- Lew Rubens - Bondage and Suspension
- Midori Planet Midori